The Best Guitar Teacher in Orange County
What makes Mark Hamrock the best guitar teacher in Orange County? Through Hamrock Music Instruction Mark has been the OC’s premiere professional guitar instructor for the last 20 years and has taught well over a thousand students in Orange County. Mark Hamrock started Hamrock Music Instruction in 2000 and by that time he had already had close to 10 years of teaching experience. Here are some of the reasons that make Mark the best guitar teacher in Orange County:
– Studied 6 years of classical piano
– Studied blues and rock guitar with Rusty Anderson (guitarist for Paul McCartney, Elton John, Santana, Willie Nelson, Perry Farrell, Steven Tyler of Aerosmith, Lana Del Rey)
– Studied classical guitar with Scott Tennant, Bill Kanengiser, John Schneiderman, David Tanenbaum, Ricardo Cobo
– Studied jazz theory and composition with Alan Rowe (Stan Kenton Orchestra)
– Graduated Magna Cum Laude with a Bachelor of Music Performance Degree in Classical Guitar and Baroque Lute from the University of California, Irvine
– 2 years teaching test preparation courses for Princeton Review
– 3 years teaching music classes at Yamaha Music School
– Taught Guitar Group Classes at The Great Park in Irvine
– Taught Guitar Group Classes at Pro Sound Stage and Lighting
– 28 years total teaching guitar and bass lessons
Mark has taught well over a thousand guitar and bass students including professional musicians, professional Hollywood actors and directors, professional sports athletes and trainers, career politicians and more. Mark was recently contacted by long time Smashing Pumpkin’s guitarist for lessons.
There are tons of great guitar and bass players out there but not a lot of great instructors. Over the course of 28 years Mark has developed an effective and efficient method for excelling at the guitar or bass guitar utilizing a balance of technique, ear training, theory, improvising, and application. Mark’s method is broken down to the most simplified process possible to make it easy for students to learn and applies to all styles including rock, blues, jazz, country, metal, punk. Etc.