There are a few highlights that illustrate Mark Hamrock as the best bass teacher in Orange County, one of which is the staggering amount of experience he has accumulated through teaching well over a thousand students in Orange County over the last 25 years. Through Hamrock Music Instruction, Mark was the first guitar instructor in Orange County to advertise on the internet, which propelled his business and made established him as the OC’s premiere professional guitar and bass. Here are some of the other reasons that make Mark the best bass teacher in Orange County:
– Studied 6 years of classical piano
– Studied blues and rock with Rusty Anderson (guitarist for Paul McCartney, Elton John, Santana, Willie Nelson, Perry Farrell, Steven Tyler of Aerosmith, Lana Del Rey)
– Studied classical guitar with Scott Tennant, Bill Kanengiser, John Schneiderman, David Tanenbaum, Ricardo Cobo
– Studied jazz theory and composition with Alan Rowe (Stan Kenton Orchestra)
– Graduated Magna Cum Laude with a Bachelor of Music Performance Degree in Classical Guitar and Baroque Lute from the University of California, Irvine.
– 2 years teaching test preparation courses for Princeton Review
– 3 years teaching bass classes at Yamaha Music School
– Taught Music Group Classes at The Great Park in Irvine
– Taught Music Group Classes at Pro Sound Stage and Lighting
– 28 years total teaching bass lessons
Mark has taught well over a thousand guitar and bass students including professional musicians, professional Hollywood actors and directors, professional sports athletes and trainers, career politicians and more. Mark was recently contacted by long time Smashing Pumpkin’s guitarist for lessons.
There are a lot of great bass players out there but not a lot of great instructors. Over the course of 28 years Mark has developed an effective and efficient method for excelling at the bass guitar utilizing a balance of technique, interval ear training, rhythm studies, theory, improvising bass lines using intervals and scales, and application. Mark’s method is broken down to the most simplified process possible to make it easy for students to learn and applies to all styles including rock, blues, jazz, country, metal, punk. Etc.